Tuesday 10 February 2009

To Zoo and beyond

Don't ask about the title...

Right. We know I'm going to pick the London Zoo (animation - Two characters) but do I know about the zoo itself? This post is dedicated to the research and knowledge of the zoo in general, and why I didn't choose another location in London to base this brief on. I shall uncover the history, personal feelings and today of the London Zoo; this might also help to design the characters through the workers there. Let's start with a rough draft of the Zoo's history:

Stamford Raffles, who original owned the land for the location, established the London Zoo in 1826. But it wasn't until his death the Marquis of Lansdowne took ownership and continued with an expansion of the first animal houses. Animals were not ready to be shown to the public until 1828 when it was officially opened, and from this day the wonders and information of animal species from all over the globe could be exhibited and loved.

I would like to head to the Zoo one day for primary research, but this won't be completed for a while since I need to get the right time, I need a full day possible since I don't know what I'm expecting... but a new blog will be posted of my research that day. About the project, the London Zoo is a family activity central so the characters of the film would have to friendly and entertaining, to gather attention and to make sure what the whole Zoo is about.

The next blog will be talking about the characters designing and if they are going to be animated/rigged or textured, stay tuned. Here's a map for the London Zoo, sorry about the alpha channels but it's better than nothing...


No comments:

Post a Comment