Monday 2 February 2009

To group, or to not?

What makes this project different from last time is I have the option to work alone or to form a group, maximum of 3 students per. I have had some time to think about this but after the result of the last project I have decided to work alone. In all honestly I really would like to work in a group, but I have lost a great deal of confidence on who to communicate with and how to cooperate from last time and this isn't going to get recovered any time soon. I feel like I'm going to breakdown any time soon and It would be the best if I worked independently.

NOW, I have decided to continue with the "Character designing" for the London zoo, and this means that if I'm working alone I have to do a minimum of one to two of the chosen-brief characters. In short, these include:

Willie Billiams - Hyperactive nine year old kid.
Pocahontas Billiams - Relaxed Child. Sister of Willie.
Wilhemina Billiams - Grandmother of the Billiams children.
Wee Eck McGlone - Scottish keeper of the zoo, aggressive.
Cornelius - Silverback gorrila. The only sensible character.

Obviously I could have copy and pasted from the brief JARED, but I'm actually typing something... see.... TYPPPPPPING.
But in all seriousness, none of the characters seem to affect a negative attitude from me, and each one can created. Though I do worry about the skeleton system for the gorilla. So here's the order I've created to show which characters I'm going to be designing:

Willie Billians and Cornelius are the first choices. I wanted to keep a simple human structured character, which would lead to be to the child. Why didn't I choose any of the other human characters? Pocahontas and Wilhemina would be more difficult as the Female body structure would harder to craft, and I don't want to make things too complicated for my first character project. Besides, Wilhemina would require more detail to show her age and body shape. I could have chosen to do Wee Eck the keeper, but I decided to keep at least one member of the Billiams family to be used, as they take the most choices to be for this project, meaning they are needed in demand.
Cornelius is going to be tricky and if things don't go too well, I might have to go to plan B (which is shown lower on the page). If I choose to animate the Gorilla, I will have to study the way it moves through research and evidence of these creatures. But a model is required nevertheless and I'm worried that I don't have the skills to be character to look like this. The end will create something but it may not be up to the quality as I once hoped, and only time will time.

Plan B involves me changing Cornelius's character to Wee Eck McGlone. This is only in the case if I can't create the model for the animal. I could have chosen another of the Billemas family, but I aimed to show variety and these two opposites would be enough to complete the demand. Plan B does not involve changing Willie's character; he will stay to the end of the project as I hope it will.

Now that I have decided upon the project and the character chosen, I am now going to start the research and look of these characters. Am I going to use my own style, or I am going to relate to their view of working? Next post gentlemen!

No comments:

Post a Comment