Monday 16 March 2009

Chrono Rigger

This is the first model with facial animation. I had to blend multiple objects withe the same amount of vertex's to create this. The mouths worked really weel; though the eyes are STILL hard to control.
Time is running out. Tick tock... tick tock...
But for now, let's discuss my history of rigging... or I say everything and you ignore this whole post; yeah... I like the sound of that!

Ok ok... here we go...
Rigging still is and was going to be the hardest part of this project. Hearing about how difficult it is and what's required to get a MODERATE passable rig is quite insane... the amount of work you must do and the chance to accidentaly restart your creation. I started by rigging my test model back some blogs back using help with the digital tutors rigging tutorial. Sadly, because of the model this didn't end well and things went downhill and upsetting for my future.
Over the course I have learnt mainly interface tricks rather than vertex/rigging masterpieces. Like before, I started with the Skeletons.
This is the skeleton system of "Willie Billiams". It worked well, though plain and empty. Sadly I couldn't add weights to any of the bone structures due not knowing how to do it correctly, there were so many problems caused while trying to solve this... I never did. Only the fingers and toes could I get to work with weights; maybe I will learn over time.
Most of the anatomy of Willie Billiams is quite easy to know, I decided to keep as many un-needed joints as possible; though some can slip. I added two additional joints at the armpits to prevenet collision troubke. This did NOT solve the error.
I wanted to keep riggings similar, so I wouldn't get confused and frustrated over how I would control each skeleteon. This is shaped in the manner of a Gorilla, though Gorilla's don't have that short of a leg in real life, it was more applied to my current model.
The blenders. These are invisible objects that trigger the different facial expressions. Very handy, when invisible they didn't cause a problem nor chaos. The facial rig wasn't pefect, but it was more completed and workable than trying to finish riggjng a model. Cools tuff.
The faces of evil. These are screenshots from the first ever model used with these rigs, It really impressed me that so little weight makers were caused AT first. Though ignorant of seeging in how about how much went wrong, for example... I could NOT move my chaarcters. You will see in the fnal film there are no straight movents.
Early Picture of the deformers models. They don't need eyes or detail... UNLESS they removed the current model itslef, though seesm unpredictable.
Another picture created via blenders. I love blenders.
Might have been a hard subject and poor result, but the post seemed worthy to be posted amongst the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment