Saturday 14 March 2009

Gor-rate!

Well It's time for Cornelius, the Silverback. This, though made at the same time, is my second model. So I think it has a few improvements in the bulk compared to Willie Billiams model. There are less creation steps in this model since it follows the same technique as the first model. So here we go...

Looks a little out of place... but it will come together. It will...
Ah that's better. Though there are too many edges at the model this time, I will be removing a lot to make the model flexable at the end. I really love the bulk of this character and I'm happy this model this created... shame if the whole project goes wrong near the end :/
Face in the works. It's pretty similar to Willie Billiams in the way it was created, but the tilted neck and mouth hardness seperate the final look. The last preview will show what I mean...
Though not the last preview, you can see it taking shape now. I won't be creating any textures for this model, but I didn't see any harm in creating colour for the eyes. It would actually make my model look nicer at the end. Also notice the size of the mouth compared to my other model. Seperate the mammals.
And there it is. To be honest, about the worries and negatives I keep bringing up, its quite cancelled out with this model. I really like it!
Sure it's a little plain, or maybe the leg is small... but I WANTED to keep these models simple. Think about it... they are my first models. I would be a fool to add so much detail and features on something that would most likely screw up during rigging. So I'm proud of this...
YOU HEAR THAT WORLD! I'M PROUD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment