Saturday 14 March 2009

OVER THERE!

The final look. The project might not be over but I could at least review the models. In short, I'm actually proud of them. Imperfect and maybe slightly inaccurate, but they look nice and smooth, and it's the best I could do in the short time that I have had to form what I wanted. Most of the time was wasted or distracted trying to learn HOW to model in the first place. vertex's are my enemeies now...
Billiam Williams
A much improved design over the test model some blog posts back. It actually works quite well with the slim limbs and detail-less shirt. If this was textured I'm sure the colours and patterns would be easily seen to match the concept. I rate the model as good, nothing more or less.
Cornelius the Silverback Gorilla
Just as proud. Throughout the making I always thought the Gorilla looked so much better, but the final touches of the boy really brought them both to equal. I have to say that the bulk of the Gorilla really makes me favouritise this model, even if it's not a realistic Gorilla but more of my design. I rate the model good.
Gee... both equal. WHAT A TWIST!
I could get into detail what's great and rubbish about them... but I've pretty much covered my words from earlier useless writing posts. Though there is one thing I missed out on both models which failed...
Zbrush
Right, something went odd here. I wanted to use Zbrush to create scratch and pressed marks in both models, to make them seem more feelable unlike normal 3D. HOWEVER whatever got imported, changed, and then exported out of Zbrush would fail. I mean, it didn't matter if I re-smoothed the model, the "face" marks of the model would always show.
I don't understand what I did but this took too long to figure out how to cure it and this was left out. It's a shame I couldn't get the models to look slighlt more detailed, but If I can still animate them in stop-motion fashion... I might JUST be saved...
JUST...

No comments:

Post a Comment